Columbia University Press (CUP)
Tuesday, 22 September 2015
This page is primarily for the information of CAUL/CEIRC members who wish to subscribe to this publisher's products and/or services. It provides information about offers to CAUL and CAUL-specific pricing, and links to relevant pages on the publisher's own web site. For other information, please go directly to Columbia University Press (CUP).
See also Offers to CAUL/CEIRC - Licences - Technical/Sales Support - Statistics
Pricing, Terms & Conditions, License (11/4/14)
Website and Legacy (old) Website (22/9/15)
Working papers, conference proceedings, books, case studies, and other full-text materials from approximately 150 contributors--over 100,000 pages of content, with 3,000 additional pages each month.
The Columbia Guide to Digital Publishing
An information resource primarily for teaching and learning about the global environment, linking discipline to discipline, and instruction to research and policy.
Earthscape is shutting down on June 30th, 2009 and we are no longer accepting new orders for this product. (10/10/08)
Approximately 30,000 poems in full-text, plus commentaries, biographies, bibliographies, and glossary terms, and the 200,000 citations originating from the print indexes--all interlinked
Continuously updated and enhanced, the Gazetteer has over 165,000 entries reflecting the physical structure of the planet, the changing political geography of international relations, and places that possess special character. The latter is highly diverse, ranging from ancient countries to geological features and religious sites.
Columbia University Press Database License Agreement (14/5/08)
CIAO Multi-site License (13/12/04)
Columbia University Press, Electronic Products registration form (22/9/10)
Sales Contact: Herbert Plummer, Sales Rep, Digital Products, CUP (17/6/13)
For general inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org (25/6/11)
To answer general questions about administering the CIAO database, please check out this link: http://www.ciaonet.org/libraries/
For pricing please e-mail email@example.com or call +1 (212) 459-0600, ext. 7112
For a free trial to CIAO, please visit www.ciaonet.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all four databases, trials can be by IP recognition or user name and password. Three, four weeks, or even more is fine with us.
To access your stats, please click on this link. When prompted, enter the login information. (21/9/10)
CAUL Pricing / Offers to CAUL/CEIRC
CIAO subscriptions have been migrated to July-June for all CAUL/CEIRC subscribers to fit in with the North American academic cycles. Pricing for the next cycle will be available around February of the relevant year. (24/9/10)
Members-only documents may be viewed from the display at the end of this page.
CIAO 2015-16 pricing for CAUL (28/5/15) [Members only]
CIAO 2014-15 pricing for CAUL (11/4/14) [Members only]
CIAO 2013-14 pricing for CAUL (17/6/13) [Members only]
CIAO 2012-13 pricing for CAUL (13/6/12) [Members only]
CIAO 2011-12 pricing for CAUL (14/2/11) [Members only]
CIAO 2010/11 Pricing for CAUL (13/7/09) [Members only]
CIAO Pricing for CAUL 2009 (9/9/08, updated 10/10/08) [Members only]
CAUL Pricing for 2008 (27/9/07) [Members only]
CAUL Pricing for 2007 unchanged from 2006 (27/9/06) [Members only]
CAUL Pricing for 2006 (13/10/05) [Members only]
CAUL Subscriptions for 2006 (21/10/05) [Members only]
We would be pleased to offer a 10% discount on CIAO subscriptions to CAUL members. A list of all CIAO subscribers and regular pricing can be found @ http://www.ciaonet.org/frame/subscribefrm.html Regarding multiple campuses, the language in the license is aimed more at situations in the USA where multiple universities are often considered as campuses, such as the University of California locations. The license on the CIAO site is a generic one. In the attachment is a license that expressly permits access on multiple campuses. The pricing would be based on the total FTE of each university's combined campuses.(26/1/05)
- Australian National University Libraries. They have not paid yet for 2005-2006 year, and so we can start them beginning April 1, 2005 with CAUL and prorate for 11 months. (renewed from May to December 2005)
- Curtin University of Technology - they are paid to date until 12/31/2005 at which time they will renew through CAUL starting January 1, 2006.
- Deakin University - They have 12,000 students and no account with us for CIAO.
- Edith Cowan University - They have about 10,000 students at all three campuses-Joondllup, Mt. Lawley, and Bunbury and have no account with us for CIAO.
- Flinders University - They are paid to date until 1/31/2006 at which time they will renew through CAUL starting 2/1/2006 and we will prorate them for 11 months to get into the CAUL's January 1-December 31 billing cycle.
- La Trobe University - Their subscription is cancelled and therefore you can start them immediately through CAUL.
- Monash University - they renew 8/1/2005 and we will prorate them for 5 months to start January 1, 2006.
- UNSW@ADFA. Australian Defense Force Academy is paid through 10/31/2005. We can start them 11/1/2005 and run the sub for 14 months to get in line with the January 1 - December 31 CAUL billing cycle.
- University of Queensland - They have about 33,000 students at the 3 campuses and no account with us for CIAO. (Started 16/2/05)
- University of Sydney - They are paid through 1/31/2006 and so may start with CAUL on 2/1/2006 and be prorated for 11 months.
- University of Wollongong - Their renewal is up on July 1st. They may start with CAUL 7/1/2005 and we will prorate for 6 months.
- University of Auckland - They are paid through December 2004 so we can bill them through CAUL from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2005.
Current Australian subscribers: (26/8/04)
Australian Defence Force Academy (UNSW@ADFA)
Australian National University,
University of Sydney,
University of Wollongong
2001 offer to CAUL. I would be happy to be able to offer CAUL's members discount pricing for our databases. CUP/EPIC have four online databases. Our pricing is based on FTEs. I'll detail the regular pricing below, which for each database is higher per FTE at smaller institutions. The extra location typically refers to a separate campus outside of the metropolitan region of the main location. I don't think I charged extra for Monash University, which has many locations, for its CIAO subscription. So, unless there are very unusual circumstances, I'll treat each institution as a single entity.