Wednesday, 5 January 2005
EBL eTextbook Pilot Project now live
(2/6/14) In collaboration with Cengage Learning, EBL and ProQuest are excited to launch an exclusive e-textbook pilot during 2014, only for ANZ libraries. Using the EBL platform technology, the model is 3-User and 3x list price for a single e-textbook. The purchase and access of these e-textbooks will be via EBL only.
The pilot list is:
* 9780170259835 The Road to Social Work and Human Service Practice - Chenoweth/McAuliffe
* 9780170212984 An Introduction to Language – Fromkin/Rodman/Hyams/Collins/Amberber/Cox
* 9780170191708 Principles of Microeconomics – Gans/King/Mankiw
* 9780170223881 Effective Teaching Strategies: Lessons from Research and Practice, ANZ edition – Killen
* 9780170191746 Teaching Primary Science Constructively – Skamp
* 9780170222853 Understanding Nutrition: ANZ edition – Whitney/Rolfes/Crowe/Cameron-Smith/Walsh
* 9780170216364 Clinical Psychomotor Skills: Assessment Tools for Nursing Students, ANZ edition – Tollefson
Libraries can purchase via LibCentral or contact your EBL rep
ProQuest to Acquire EBL
ProQuest is pleased to announce that on January 18, 2013 we signed a definitive agreement to acquire Ebook Library (EBL), which will significantly expand our e-book delivery and aggregation capabilities to libraries globally.
ProQuest Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire EBL
This page is primarily for the information of CAUL/CEIRC members who wish to subscribe to this publisher's products and/or services. It provides information about offers to CAUL and CAUL-specific pricing, and links to relevant pages on the publisher's own web site. For other information, please go directly to eBooks.com the digital bookstore.
See also Offers to CAUL/CEIRC - Licences - Technical/Sales Support - Statistics
"The World's Leading Source of Digital Books Welcome to the best range of published ebooks on the web. You can search for and view the contents of our ebooks in just a few seconds. Feel free to browse thousands of ebooks in over 50 categories." http://www.ebooks.com/article/82.smm
Ebook Library (EBL)
Ebook Library offers free 30-day trial access to libraries wishing to explore the EBL's platform and content. The 30-day trial offers full access to EBL's patron portal and LibCentral, the library management portal. Libraries are free to select their own content for their trial collection from EBL's entire catalogue of titles. If you are interested to learn more about a trial for your library, please contact Kari Paulson, General Manager - EBL or your Blackwell's or James Bennett representative for more details (contact details below).
Ebook Library (EBL) was developed by Ebooks Corporation, an Australian unlisted public company with global headquarters in Perth. Ebooks Corporation is a leading global provider of digital books and launched its retail ebook store, www.ebooks.com in September 2000. The Company launched EBL in June 2004.
EBL offers libraries the ability to select and purchase ebooks and make them available to their patrons through a portal which protects digital rights management without compromising on the accessibility offered through a digital medium . EBL offers a range of flexible access options which provide the best of both worlds for libraries having to choose between a broad subscription-based model and a limited access collection. Some of EBL's features include:
- Title-by-title acquisition
- Multiple concurrent access
- Browsing of full-text
- Online and offline access solutions
- Short Term Circulation (rental)/ Interlibrary Loan alternative
- Chapters for Reserve Lending, Course-packs and purchase
- Perpetual Access and Archiving
The service is provided through two portals, the EBL patron interface which provides library patrons access to a library’s distinct collection of owned and selected titles, and EBL LibCentral, which provides libraries with a management portal for acquiring and managing their library collection, including access to various usage statistics. EBL title will soon be integrated and available for purchase in Australasia through Blackwell's Book Services and James Bennett.
Some reference sites:
Some reference documentation:
- EBL Brochure- provides a general overview of the features and differentiators
- Trial sign-up sheet- this can be used by anyone interested in setting up a trial. Libraries can fill in the form and email or fax to me or their Blackwell's or James Bennett Representative.
- General Q&A- Provides more detailed information about EBL's access model, content and features.
EBL Library Agreement - Provides example of the terms of our general agreement.
General Manager, EBL
Tel:+61 (0)8 9385 5851 / Direct: x5166
Mob:+61 (0) 439 939 943
Fax:+61 (0)8 9386 1844
|Blackwell's Book Services
ANZ Sales Manager
Tel: (03) 9386-0024
Fax: (03) 9386-1454
|James Bennett Pty Limited
National Sales & Marketing Manager
Phone: (02) 9986-7064
Mobile: 0403 115 356
Fax: +61 2 9986 7090
Ebooks Corporation Limited, trading as eBooks.com. Level 1, 62 Bayview Tce, Claremont, WA 6010, Australia.
CAUL Pricing / Offers to CAUL/CEIRC
Members can link to the following from the documents display below.
Ebook Library (EBL)
Early Adopter Special Offer for Australian Libraries